We are currently in search of a positive, reliable, energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team in a full time capacity in the position of Chief Maintenance Engineer for the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville, IL. We are looking for an experienced individual for this role, preferably one who comes from a hospitality background.
ONE Hospitality Group offers the rare opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and to take part in directly shaping a unique, supportive and positive corporate culture. As we are well-funded and are on pace for continued growth, we specifically seek candidates who have the potential and desire to develop their careers with us. To learn more about ONE Hospitality Group, please visit us at www.onehospitalitygroup.com.
The Chief Engineer will support all aspects of property maintenance, to include grounds, guest rooms, kitchen/restaurant/bar, meeting rooms and other public spaces plus back of house areas.
They will execute projects in support of preventive maintenance and equipment maintenance programs, and will help to maintain the hotel’s HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
The Chief Engineer’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all aspects of the property are in good working order and that guest requests and internal maintenance requests are completed in a timely, thorough and quality fashion.
- Monitor and evaluate all Engineering Department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services and amenities.
- Establish and review brand and departmental goals, standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Serve as a positive role model for the Engineering team; Provide coaching, training, leadership and mentoring, as needed.
- Spearhead administrative processes for the department such as recruitment, scheduling, payroll and accounting processes.
- Follow all guidelines for budgeting/finance to ensure proper departmental planning and organization.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs of the property to accurately assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel.
- Complete tasks related to routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds.
- Complete tasks related to repairs, renovations and replacement of furniture, fixtures and equipment throughout the property.
- Maintain on-going communication with fellow maintenance engineers and hotel department heads regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment.
- Support effective energy management and preventive maintenance programs as directed.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests’ service needs.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Immediately report and follow up on any significant maintenance issues and safety hazards.
- Support other departments and fellow engineers, as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Sales Director and other leadership team members.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer, preferably in a full service hotel environment.
- HVAC certification and/or other specializations are a plus.
- Basic to thorough knowledge of all aspects of hotel maintenance, to include plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, machine repair and boilers.
- Some knowledge of local building, fire, health and safety codes is preferred.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for accuracy, friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as the leader of an effective and collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Must have scheduling flexibility, with ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when required.