We are currently in search of a positive, talented, driven and experienced hospitality professional to serve as Diner Manager for Penny’s Diner in Marysville, Kansas.
The Diner Manager serves as a key liaison for hotel guests. They are accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the day-to-day operation of the hotel’s onsite restaurant. They will be expected to create an energized and positive work environment which results in the delivery of exceptional guest service and memorable guest experiences.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities for the diner to ensure successful operation.
- Review standards, guidelines and objectives for all aspects of service, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Oversee administrative processes such as scheduling, staffing, training, purchasing, receiving and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Support the hotel and restaurant’s business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Work with GM and Director of Food & Beverage to develop creative and enticing menus that drive volume, guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Collaborate to ensure effective cross-departmental communication, clear understanding of hotel needs and priorities and a seamless guest experience.
- Partner with People Support to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact and for all meal periods.
- Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
- Maintain POS system to optimize efficiency and profitability.
- Monitor food cost, labor and other expenses and implement appropriate controls.
- Support diner staff by performing multiple staff functions as needed, to include set-up/prep of menu items, waiting tables, cashiering, etc.
- Drive effective communication across the department to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Address and respond to guest comments, requests and concerns.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Approve and process vendor invoices, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with the company’s safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyze and evaluate outlet performance by compiling statistics such as labor reports and guest satisfaction index.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Report and follow up on any workplace incidents, maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Ensure all bar, restaurant and kitchen sanitation and hygiene practices are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and laws.
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 3 years in a previous Food & Beverage management role.
- Strong understanding of 3-meal operations.
- Up-to-date knowledge, certification and training in food handling, safety and sanitation.
- Previous experience in executing against operating budgets, with an established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.