We are currently in search of a positive, talented, driven and experienced hospitality professional to serve as Food & Beverage Supervisor for the Rio Grande Diner (Penny’s Diner) in Belen, New Mexico.
The Diner Supervisor serves as a key support resource for the hotel’s General Manager. They will assist in directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the day-to-day operation of the hotel’s onsite restaurant. They will be expected to create an energized and positive work environment which results in the delivery of exceptional guest service and memorable guest experiences.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities for the diner to ensure successful operation.
- Work with GM to review standards, guidelines and objectives for all aspects of service, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Support the GM in the accomplishment of administrative processes such as scheduling, staffing, training, purchasing, receiving and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Support the hotel and restaurant’s business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Work with GM and Director of Food & Beverage to develop creative and enticing menus that drive volume, guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Collaborate to ensure effective cross-departmental communication, clear understanding of hotel needs and priorities and a seamless guest experience.
- Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact and for all meal periods.
- Work with GM to plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
- Assist in maintaining POS system to optimize efficiency and profitability.
- Help GM to monitor food cost, labor and other expenses and implement appropriate controls.
- Support diner staff by performing multiple staff functions as needed, to include set-up/prep of menu items, waiting tables, cashiering, etc.
- Help to drive effective communication across the department to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Address and respond to guest comments, requests and concerns as directed by GM.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Support GM in auditing cash banks, making cash drops and performing other accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with the company’s safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Be aware of outlet performance by compiling statistics such as labor reports and guest satisfaction index.
- Follow through on implementation of any changes needed to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Report and follow up on any workplace incidents, maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Ensure all restaurant and kitchen sanitation and hygiene practices are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and laws.
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Previous Food & Beverage experience with a strong understanding of 3-meal operations.
- Up-to-date knowledge, certification and training in food handling, safety and sanitation.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.