We are currently in search of a Director of Operations- Projects & Applications to primarily support our Oak Tree Inns/Penny’s Diner brands. This position will be based from our Corporate Support Office in Wichita, KS.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Project/Applications Director will serve as a support resource for and business partner to the Regional Directors of Operations, the Corporate Director of Food & Beverage and all other members of the corporate Operations department. This is a senior level professional position that requires specialized knowledge of programming languages and development tools, as well as an understanding of multi-unit operations within the hospitality industry.
The Project/Applications Director will oversee assigned application and systems-related development projects of moderate to high complexity for Lodging Enterprises (Oak Tree Inns/Penny’s Diners), and may assist with projects impacting all of ONE Hospitality Group. Examples may include but are not limited to Property Management and Point of Sale systems, enterprise preventive maintenance and asset management systems, and HRIS and intranet capabilities.
The Project/Applications Director serves as the ‘owner’ of various systems in terms of their functionality, while also owning the relationship with the software provider. Further, the individual in this role will ensure that Oak Tree Inn/Penny’s Diner brand standards and ONE’s business rules and processes are aligned with technology initiatives in a way that leverages and derives maximum value from various systems, and not just digitizing existing manual processes. Additionally, the Project/Applications director will drive cultural adoption through championing new business processes and training and mentoring users.
- Through assessment, observation and analysis, in conjunction with SVP, VP and senior leaders of Lodging Enterprises, determine key operational needs, priorities and areas of focus.
- Work in tandem with VP to assemble project teams, procure resources, assign responsibilities, and manage schedules to ensure timely and effective completion of all initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members whose time is allocated to various projects, as appropriate.
- Serve as an individual contributor to analyze user, system and application needs; Determine and evaluate potential solutions.
- Develop system specifications and requirements, and design application programs to meet organizational needs and requirements.
- Design integrated solutions which may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems.
- Structure, implement, and maintain tools and systems; Establish policies, standards and procedures to ensure useful and readily accessible data.
- Apply project management tools and tracking systems to manage all aspects of project progress; Communicate project goals, monitor project progress, and adjust resources as necessary to keep projects on track.
- Develop, builds support for and implements regional initiatives that align with the Company’s strategies and lead to positive business results.
- Consistently reinforces ONE Hospitality Group’s Support Culture by practicing, promoting and modeling ONE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Conduct internal audits and inspections to ensure quality and adherence to brand standards, system requirements, ONE Ways & Practices, and compliance with legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Facilitates cross-regional communication to synergize operations, share best practices and leverage organizational resources.
- Bachelors’ degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years’ project management experience in a role requiring involvement in and understanding of complex, multi-unit hospitality business activities.
- Previous operations and leadership experience which includes successful applications development and project management, with focus on operational alignment and improvement.
- Awareness of industry and professional standards and extensive experience in infrastructure or enterprise application implementation.
- Certification and/or formal training in Project Management disciplines.
- Strong familiarity with methodologies and project tools such as PRINCE 2, PMI and Microsoft Project.
- Strategic perspective to keep overall objectives and business strategies top-of-mind.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Exceptional communication skills, in both verbal and written formats.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel frequently and for prolonged periods of time.