We are currently in search of a positive, energetic, driven and experienced hospitality sales professional to lead our sales team in the position of Director of Sales for The Embassy Suites Tempe.
The Director of Sales is responsible for achieving budgeted top line revenue for the hotel and is accountable for guest room and catering/banquet revenues. The Director of Sales will work closely with the corporate revenue management and regional sales and marketing functions to develop strategies to maximize Revpar and to grow market share.
ONE Hospitality Group offers the rare opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and to take part in directly shaping a supportive, innovative and positive corporate culture. We specifically seek candidates who have the potential and desire to grow their careers with us. This position represents an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. To learn more about us, please visit www.onehospitalitygroup.com.
The Director of Sales is charged with oversight of the sales, marketing and revenue management functions for their assigned property. They will provide training, mentoring, guidance and managerial support to their property-level sales team, ensuring that group and corporate bookings are effectively solicited, negotiated and confirmed in order to meet budgeted revenue goals.
The Director of Sales will promote and sell to varied market segments through direct telephone and in-person sales calls and through participation in tradeshows and networking events. This position requires a ‘hunter’ mentality, with strong capability to expand and grow existing accounts while driving new business to the property.
- Monitor the performance of and provides direction and leadership to sales and support staff.
- Analyze sales team effectiveness and efficiency; Develop, build support for and implement local initiatives that align with the Company’s overall strategies and lead to positive business results.
- Consistently reinforce ONE Hospitality Group’s Support Culture by practicing, promoting and modeling ONE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Monitor the on-going performance of assigned hotel through continuous review of revenue generation efforts and through the development, analysis and implementation of the annual budget, sales plan and forecasts.
- Maintain visibility with clients, continuously observe competitors to ensure understanding of local market trends and conditions.
- Establish a client base of organizations, individuals, social groups and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales, in order to secure short and long-term bookings for the hotel.
- Create and execute a sales plan specific to relevant market assignments; Collaborate with General Manager and Regional Director of Sales regarding key sales activities.
- Develop new and existing accounts by leveraging the attributes of the hotel and the surrounding area against each group’s, company’s or individual’s specific needs and buying tendencies.
- Develop packaging strategies and negotiate contracts to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer desires.
- Promote awareness of the property through formal presentations and personal sales calls to local, corporate, association and leisure markets.
- Promote local awareness of the property through effective relations with CVB and tourism authorities.
- Coordinate site visits as necessary, and develop organized and professional plans for correspondence and follow up.
- Partner with assigned Regional Revenue Manager in proactively managing yield processes to maximize ADR, RevPar and market share.
- Compile and distribute client profiles and maintain on-going communication regarding client specifications with hotel department heads to ensure all service-related needs are fulfilled.
- Liaise with group leaders and serve as on-site contact for group needs.
- Monitor goals on a daily basis and actively work a targeted prospect list.
- Develop an extended network of external advocates to assist in introductions and local contacts.
- Participate in community events to establish presence, visibility and exposure for the hotel.
- Engage each client as a unique individual with unique needs; Anticipate, listen attentively to and document their goals, desires and requests.
- Conduct all client interactions with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism, in keeping with company and brand standards.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Support and lend expertise to operational functions in other departments as needed, to include Front Office and Food & Beverage.
- Perform other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed by General Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous hotel Director of Sales experience in a full-service hotel environment, with an emphasis on group and corporate markets and a proven track record of consistent success.
- Knowledge of the greater Phoenix market, Phoenix airport market, and key feeder markets is essential.
- Hilton brand experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing revenue budgets of $10M+.
- Solid understanding of the sales process and passion for business development through direct sales, with proven track record for sales success.
- Polished appearance and demeanor, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in representing the hotel within various business settings, and ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
- Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks and assignments.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel sporadically on behalf of the Company.