We are currently in search of an experienced Financial Analyst to support our Corporate Accounting team in Wichita, KS, focused on Oak Tree Inns/Penny’s Diners.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the accounting function and assisting in finalizing the month-end closing within Lodging Enterprises’ centralized, shared services environment. As a key member of the company’s corporate accounting team, they will work with fellow finance/accounting team members under the direction of the Controller to execute tasks such as forecast and budget development, balance sheet reconciliations, income analysis, cost allocations and P&L development.
• Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process for hotel properties.
• Review, assess and identify financial business trends across the portfolio.
• Compile variance analysis reports monthly for the portfolio.
• Prepare and distribute financial statements to senior management, ensuring that financial information is accurate, meaningful, timely and in conformance with GAAP.
• Actively participate in the forecasting and budgeting process.
• Assist in the external audit and tax preparation process as directed.
• Safeguard the assets of the company by ensuring that appropriate internal controls and documentation exist and are adhered to.
• Serve as a support resource for corporate staff and management in the field; Provide training, guidance and communication related to accounting systems, policies and processes.
• Offer up suggestions, make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed departmental objectives and to enhance service and efficiency.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years’ previous multi-unit accounting management/financial analyst experience; Previous hospitality industry experience is highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
• Experience in working with Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics and F9 is a major plus.
• High proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience in the preparation of general ledger reports and financial statements.
• Impeccable track record for management of confidential information with significant degree of discretion and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
• Strong capability for effective communication with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in written formats.
• Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on client needs.
• Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
• Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.