We are currently in search of a positive, energetic, driven and experienced General Manager to join our team in the position of General Manager for the Oak Tree Inn in Lincoln, NE.
This is the perfect opportunity for a ‘turn-around expert’ to exercise their skill set and make their mark!
The General Manager is charged with oversight and accountability for all hotel operations. They will provide hands on leadership in facilitating guest experiences that exceed expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the GM serves as the linchpin for communications with employees, guests, clients and the Corporate Support office. They will establish daily priorities and will support and direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas such as administration, food & beverage, transportation, maintenance, sales and housekeeping to ensure that all operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Communicate, promote and model ONE’s Support Culture, Promise, Vision and Values.
- Provide leadership and direction to supervisors and front line staff.
- Manage the financial performance of the hotel through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Ensure adherence to company and brand standards, and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Identify and respond to guest feedback and facilitate prompt and effective resolution to guest concerns and complaints.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching and employee relations processes to ensure quality, continuous improvement and positive team morale.
- Accomplish People Support strategies by determining accountabilities, enforcing policies procedures and requirements, communicating ONE programs and appraising and reviewing performance and compensation practices.
- Support organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; Establish functional objectives that align with organizational objectives.
- Recommend hotel and restaurant operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining means for enhanced efficiency and implementing change tactics when needed.
- Support financial strategies by estimating and anticipating requirements and variances aligning monetary resources and analyzing results.
- Work in partnership with the Sales and Revenue Management teams to effectively position the hotel’s rates within its competitive market.
- Ensure positive guest experiences across all F&B touchpoints, to include breakfast, lunch, dinner and overnight service.
- Serve as an ambassador for the hotel by actively participating in civic, community and business groups and by sponsoring special events at the hotel.
- Maintain strong awareness of product quality and condition of the physical plant by regularly inspecting facilities, diner, guest rooms, public access areas and outside grounds for cleanliness and order.
- Work with Regional Director of Operations and corporate Design & Construction team to execute projects related to capital improvement.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, taking full advantage of brand learning resources, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ previous hotel General Manager experience with independent hotel experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, with ability to drive revenue through competitive marketing and by leveraging the property’s unique attributes.
- Restaurant/food & beverage background required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with past P&L responsibility of at least $2-4 million.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs and demonstrated success in leading exceptional service experiences.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills in supporting employees to consistently attain personal and department performance goals.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended hours and/or evenings, weekends and holidays.