We are currently in search of a seasoned financial professional to serve as Regional Accountant for multiple Oak Tree Inn/Penny’s Diner locations.
The Regional Accountant is responsible for accounting and month-end closing of several hotels within the centralized, shared services accounting environment within our Corporate Support Office in Wichita. As a key member of the company’s corporate accounting team, the Regional Accountant serves as a trusted resource to the field. They will work with fellow Regional Accountants under the direction of the Accounting Manager.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies as well as state and federal laws, as applicable to finance and accounting practices.
• Serve as a support resource for General Managers and other field and corporate staff; Provide training, guidance and communication related to accounting systems, policies and processes.
• Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process for assigned properties.
• Ensure financial information is accurate, meaningful, timely and in conformance with GAAP.
• Prepare and reconcile General Ledger and cash reconciliation; Record journal entries to accurately reflect financial transactions.
• Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts as directed.
• Work closely with the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded.
• Assist in the external audit and tax preparation process as directed.
• Safeguard the assets of the company by ensuring that appropriate internal controls and documentation exist and are adhered to.
• Assist in the preparation and filing of all federal, state, local tax and reporting requirements for the company and its subsidiaries.
• Prepare special reports as directed by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Answer financial and tax related inquiries as requested.
• Maintain adequate documentation to support all accounting-related transactions.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and perform financial analysis as requested by Finance Management.
• Offer up suggestions, make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed departmental objectives and to enhance service and efficiency.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years’ previous multi-unit accounting management experience; Previous hospitality industry experience is highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
• Experience in working with Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics is a major plus.
• High proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience in the preparation of general ledger reports and financial statements.
• Impeccable track record for management of confidential information with significant degree of discretion and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
• Strong capability for effective communication with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in written formats.
• Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on client needs.
• Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
• Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
• Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.