We are currently in search of a positive, energetic, focused and experienced hospitality operations executive to drive operational and leadership excellence in the position of Regional Director of Operations- Florida Region.
The Regional Director of Operations- Florida Region (RDO) is charged with the oversight and on-going performance of 14 branded, select-service hotels. They may or may not be assigned concurrent responsibility as GM of a ‘base’ hotel.
The RDO will model ONE’s Support Culture, and will provide expertise, support and guidance to General Managers and staff, ensuring that financial performance is optimized for each property, that quality and service levels are maintained as established by Company and brand standards, and that assigned hotels are in compliance with state and federal laws, as well as ONE’s Ways & Practices.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Regional Director of Operations will provide hands on leadership in ensuring that revenue is maximized and that expenses are effectively controlled across the region. They will serve as the linchpin for communications with GMs and hotel leadership teams, as well as with brand representatives, key vendors and the Corporate Support office. They will establish GM priorities and will lead and support key operational projects such as budget development and execution of physical plant improvements.
- Consistently reinforces ONE Hospitality Group’s Support Culture by practicing, promoting and modeling ONE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Provides direction, training, mentoring and leadership to General Managers.
- Analyzes operational efficiency and guest needs; Develops, builds support for and implements regional initiatives that align with the Company’s strategies and lead to positive business results.
- Monitors the financial performance of assigned properties through on-going review of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Travels frequently to assigned locations to maintain visibility and to foster effective relations with staff and managers.
- Conducts internal audits and inspections to ensure quality and adherence to brand standards, ONE Ways & Practices, and compliance with legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk to the region by proactively monitoring internal and external threats to all aspects of the business.
- Monitors QA inspection results, comment cards and guest satisfaction scores; Facilitates remedial action for improving service when necessary.
- Ensures acquisition of competitive talent and retention of a high-performing, diverse workforce by partnering in People Support initiatives.
- Actively participates in the selection, on-boarding, training, discipline and employee relations processes to ensure consistency, continuous improvement and positive team morale.
- Facilitates cross-regional communication to enhance operations, share best practices and leverage organizational resources.
- Participates in special projects and initiatives as assigned by SVP, to include task force teams, due diligence and market analysis, new property openings and acquisitions.
- Bachelors’ degree in hospitality, business, marketing or a related field of study.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a regional operations director, with a minimum of 10 branded properties, preferably in the select-service niche (must have Hilton, Marriott and IHG background)
- Recent experience with a major management/development company, vs. single/independent ownership
- Deep knowledge of key Florida markets, sub-markets and feeder markets
- Demonstrated financial acumen with past P&L responsibility of $25M+.
- Strong computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
- Exceptional communication skills, in both verbal and written formats.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills in supporting employees to consistently attain personal, departmental and organizational performance goals.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel frequently and for prolonged periods of time.