We are currently in search of a positive, energetic, driven and experienced professional to lead collective sales efforts in the position of Regional Director of Sales- Florida Region. The Regional Director of Sales is responsible for achieving budgeted top line revenue for multiple select-service hotel properties throughout the state of Florida. He or she will work closely with property-level Sales teams, along with the corporate revenue management and marketing functions to develop strategies to maximize Revpar and to grow market share.
The Regional Director of Sales- Florida Region is charged with oversight of the sales, marketing and revenue management functions for 14 branded, select-service hotels. They may or may not be assigned concurrent responsibility as DOS of a ‘base’ hotel.
They will provide training, mentoring, guidance and support to property-level Sales Directors, Sales Managers and General Managers, ensuring that group and corporate bookings are effectively solicited, negotiated and confirmed in order to meet budgeted revenue goals.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the Regional Director of Sales will provide hands on leadership to assigned properties to ensure that selling efforts are optimized across all market segments, through direct telephone contact and in-person sales calls, and through participation in tradeshows and networking events.
They will serve as a linchpin for communications with GMs, Sales Directors/Managers and Regional Revenue Managers, as well as with brand representatives, key vendors/partners and the Corporate Support Office. The Regional Director of Sales- Florida Region will work in partnership with the Regional Director of Operations to establish sales-related priorities for each hotel, and will support key projects such as budget development and capital improvement planning.
• Monitors the performance of and provides direction, training, mentoring and leadership to property-level Sales Directors, Sales Managers and General Managers.
• Analyzes sales team effectiveness and efficiency; Develops, builds support for and implements regional initiatives that align with the Company’s strategies and lead to positive business results.
• Consistently reinforces ONE Hospitality Group’s Support Culture by practicing, promoting and modeling ONE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Monitors the financial performance of assigned properties through on-going review of revenue generation and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
• Travels frequently to assigned locations to ensure understanding of market conditions, maintain visibility and to foster effective relations with GMs and Sales staff.
• Conducts internal Sales audits to ensure quality, effectiveness and adherence to brand standards and ONE Ways & Practices relative to the sales, marketing and revenue management functions.
• Analyzes and mitigates risk to the region by proactively monitoring internal and external threats to all aspects of the business.
• Ensures acquisition of competitive talent and retention of a high-performing, diverse Sales workforce by partnering in People Support initiatives.
• Actively participates in the selection, on-boarding, training, discipline and employee relations processes with Sales staff to ensure consistency, continuous improvement and positive team morale.
• Facilitates cross-regional communication to synergize operations, share best practices and leverage organizational resources.
• Supports Sales staff in the development of new and existing accounts; Assists in the negotiation of major contracts to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer desires.
• Serves as problem solver in instances of client dissatisfaction when necessary; Resolves complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner to ensure that business is not sacrificed.
• Performs other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed by Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
• Bachelors’ degree in marketing, business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field of study.
• Recent, multi-unit hotel sales leadership experience (10+ properties), to include successful management of a large staff.
• Knowledge of major Florida markets and sub-markets.
• Previous work experience with multiple major hospitality brands (Marriott, Hilton and IHG).
• Experience with a high-growth organization encompassing all sales activities related to acquisitions and openings.
• Demonstrated financial acumen, with significant past P&L responsibility of at least $25M+.
• Solid understanding of the hotel sales process and passion for business development, with proven track record for sales success.
• Polished appearance and demeanor, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Confidence in representing the Company within various business settings, and ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
• Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve.
• Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks and assignments.
• Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
• Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs. • Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
• Proven leadership skills in supporting employees to consistently attain personal, unit-level and organizational performance goals.
• Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and client satisfaction.
• Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel frequently on behalf of the company, for both short and prolonged periods of time.